Wickliffe Soccer Club
U6 Game Rules (Fall 2019/Spring 2020)
(All practices and games are held at Coulby park, Field A)
· Birth years: 2012 and under
· Teams – Coed
· Big field for older and advanced kids, Small field for the younger soccer kids.
· Games: Saturday mornings at 9am, 10am or 11am (some week days)
· Big Field 6v6 (5 field players and a keeper)
· Small field play 5v5 (Goalie optional)
· Four 8-minute quarters
· Size 3 ball for small field Size 4 for Big Field
· Keepers CAN use hands. They cannot punt the ball. They must throw
it or roll it to their teammates.
· Throw ins: Yes
· Goal kicks: Yes
· The opposing team must go back to the half-line if the keeper picks up the ball or on goal kicks.
· Substitutions: Yes, at anytime
· Keeping score: No, but if a team is up by approximately 5 goals the other team can add a player on the field.
· Coaches can act as refs and are on the field to help instruct and guide players from each team. TEACH IN THE MOMENT!
· Individual Player Development is now part of Wickliffe soccer. We will chose 5 of the most advanced U8 players to travel 6 Saturdays to play up to 5 short games of 4v4 with a group of other cities involved. More details to come.